Friday, May 18, 2012

Mercy Medical Center Healing Garden Mural

I am surrounded by artists on this job!
The landscaping company - Forest Design and his crew - Not to mention the engineer of the project "George". They all at some point told me that I have talent - which is funny because there is no way I could do what they do. I am learning every day how when we rely on each other to do what we do best, to shine in our own talents, wonders can happen.
This garden is simply put - amazing.
Mercy Medical Center, Redding CA
Mercy Medical Center, Redding CA
It all began with a vision about 15 years ago.  I will verify that for sure.
My "Boss" Sister Brenda who works at Mercy, and her assistant, Jill are simply wonderful to work with. Without Sister Brenda's vision and the generous donations from the community none of us artists would be working to help build this beautiful, healing place.
I started the mural yesterday - it's 30'w x 9'h. It was a full day but SUPER FUN!
Today I will continue, with the goal of finishing no later than Monday. Actually, I'd love to finish today, but projects like these always seem to take JUST ONE MORE DAY.. you know? So Monday is the day.
Will bring my camera so I can post images.
The location:



No comments:

Post a Comment