Friday, November 15, 2013

November, Fall, Winter and Festivities!

I am utterly amazed at how quick the fall season seems to have passed here in Montana! The other night while working, I looked up at the trees and was surprised to notice that the leaves have already fallen and the trees have sucked up their nutrients, ready for a long winter nap. It really became clear how different the climate his here compared to Northern California. Recently I saw a post on Facebook from a friend of mine, living in Redding. She posted a photo of a tree at my previous house that is still red and full of leaves! How soon I forgot how long and beautiful the fall season it is in Redding. After a long grueling summer Fall was always so welcome.

Here, Fall comes quickly and dramatically decorates the landscape with color and movement, then leaves as quickly as it arrived. I am incredibly energized by the cold air (feels like winter to me already) although I know for a fact that the real winter cold is still to come. I am so excited when I see snowflakes fall, so relieved that it is not 80 degrees, and thrilled that we will share our first white Christmas as a family.

The house we rent is located in a neighborhood that REALLY gets into decorating for Christmas, and I can't wait to join in on the lighting festivity! Though, that means I do have to buy some more strings of lights!

Today we signed an agreement to purchase a house in North Kalispell that fits our needs as a family better, and plan to move at the first of the year. I seriously can't wait. I miss having studio space and a place to escape into my creative world and away from the chaos of others' noise. A place I can make a mess and leave it just to come back to it later. Space to create is so important, and I am SO GRATEFUL that we were able to find a home that provides it. Thank you God, once again, for answering prayers.

Needless to say it will be a very busy, exciting 6 weeks. I better get to painting, before I get wrapped up in all the fun festivities!

Let the Holidays BEGIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment