Monday, October 10, 2011

Portrait - Grandma Justyne

"Grandma Justyne" oil on canvas 16"x20"x2"
copyright 2011 - Raette Meredith
--unfinished--
Okay, this is my first portrait and it's of my grandmother when she was in her late teens. I am guessing that the photograph was taken right after she moved from New York to Los Angeles, California, around the 1940's. I think she had the photo taken in hopes of becoming a movie star.

Anyways, thought I'd paint it. She looks so strong,young, and hopeful in this photograph. She had her whole life in front of her.
I am using the underpainting technique. I will add a few more highlights this week as I spot areas that need them, then once it is completely dry I will add some color.

I'd really love some input.

Happy Painting!

Raette

No comments:

Post a Comment