Sunday, October 16, 2011

Waiting around for paint to dry

Okay, for the first time in my life I have more than one painting going at a time. The oil paints take FOREVER to dry, so while I wait, I start another.

I started this one yesterday and worked it a little more today - it's of my Grandma Mary Jane when she was young. This is another under painting that is patiently awaiting the addition of color. So far, the Mask painting has been waiting to dry for 2 weeks, and is still a little tacky. I put a softly blowing heater in front of it in hopes that it will speed up the drying process. I will put the one of Grandma Justyne in front of it too.

Okay, so here it is.. There is a detail photo following the full-size photo.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

"Grandma Mary Jane"
 under painting - unfinished
 oil on canvas - 16"x20"
 copyright Raette Meredith 2011
"Grandma Mary Jane" - detail
 under painting - unfinished
 oil on canvas - 16"x20"
 copyright Raette Meredith 2011

2 comments:

  1. A start this lovely bodes well for the finished painting. It's going to be great! Nice work, Raette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lorena! I am so excited, I never knew I'd love painting portraits so much!!

    ReplyDelete