Friday, May 3, 2013

A rose by any other name would not make you think of hot dogs

"Mustard and Ketchup Rose" or is it Ketchup and Mustard? I am not sure.. but I already named it so there it is... I painted this rose for my Mom for Mother's Day. I have to say. it was definitely a challenge, this one.. I scraped the canvas clean THREE TIMES before I felt it came out okay. I actually really like the way it turned out, and I think my Mom will be pleased.. It's her new favorite rose. Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!!!

Oh, yeah.. the painting is 16"w x 20"h, oil on canvas - applied with a pallet knife.. so how do you spell pallet anyways? Okay, so this whole time I have been spelling it all wrong. Apparently, I worked at the Home Depot for too many years! The correct spelling is "palette" Ha.. sorry about that to all those that care about spelling things correctly!

"Mustard and Ketchup Rose"
16"w x 20"h
oil on canvas
palette knife work
Painted for Mom for Mother's Day 2013
copyright Raette Meredith 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment