Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Glacier Park Series

So yesterday I completed this painting "Off Hidden Lake Trail", another of the Montana Views, Glacier Park Series. I simply cannot get enough of Glacier Park - I look forward to doing some hiking, off Going to the Sun Road to get more material to paint. Just need a new pair of hiking boots and I'm on it! :)

I really believe that Glacier National Park is one of the most beautiful and inspirational place I have ever been. Every time I turn around I see something else I want to paint!

To see more of my Glacier Park Series, visit my site: www.artbyraette.com and go to "Montana Views". Soon I will need to split my Montana Views gallery into sub categories, but for now they are all together.
"Off Hidden Lake Trail"
9" x 12" oil on canvas board
palette knife work
copyright Raette Meredith 2013

So here's what I'm thinking. I love the way the snow melt creates a zig zag pattern through the fields here, so much that I am going to paint it again, but this time I will change up the lighting a little bit. I have this vision of what I want my paintings to look like, and as much as I like the composition of this one, I want the lighting to be more dramatic. So when I am done, I will post another blog. Maybe today or tomorrow?

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment