Monday, July 15, 2013

Painting on location in paradise

This week I had the opportunity to paint on location for the first time in Glacier National Park. I pulled over in a turnout on Going to the Sun Road. One of my favorite views to paint is of Bird Woman Falls, facing South, heading toward Logan's Pass. It was quite the experience, painting on location - it was VERY WINDY!!! At times I had to hold on to my hat, and canvas board and just wait for the wind to pass. All I could do was laugh. I should have known that a paper palette was not appropriate for outdoor use on a windy day. Before I knew it, my arms and hands were covered in paint, just from holding the paper down.. DUH! Needless to say, it was a fun experience, and I am excited to go again as soon as possible!
So here it is.. a photo of the painting in progress, and finished.
"Bird Woman Falls in July"
11"x14" oil on hardboard
palette knife work
copyright Raette Meredith 2013

Painting on location in Glacier National Park
"Bird Woman Falls in July"

No comments:

Post a Comment