Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ZANITA


Zanita lives in the wild manzanita plants out here in Northern California. Every year, it is her job to curl the outer skin of the manzanita plant, revealing the vibrant red skin underneath. During the spring, she awaits as the blossoms bring their cheery pink tones. She finds the perfect one and makes clothes for the newborn manzanita faeries. You see, manzanitas are abundant up here, and many faeries are needed for peeling in the summer and late fall.

Zanita is #8/365 faeries in 365 days.


Actually, I am spending more time on these faeries than I had anticipated. I am working on polishing my skills. I may actually take 2-3 days per faerie and add another medium to the give them a more finished feeling. My goal here is not to whip them out like I have in the past, rather to tightening up my skills. I will still do 365 faeries but it may take more than a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment